Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy EVERYTHING!!!

Soooooo many reasons to celebrate today! #1)It's Mother's Day #2)It was baby dedication for Parker #3) Parker is 8 months (and 1 day) old!!!!

Today I am celebrating my 3rd mother's day. But today was DOUBLE the pleasure :) Having 2 kids has been an adjustment, but it is such a blessing! People ask me if we will have more kids, and I'm just not sure I can answer that question right now. I am so happy with having 2 kids, because we're not outnumbered as parents! And....we have a girl and a boy. PERFECT! So, who knows? I guess the best way to answer that question is....we're not PLANNING for another one...we're just letting God do His thang! So, anyways....my mother's day has consisted of: breakfast in bed, family pictures, dedicating my son to the Lord, more family pictures, lunch with BOTH families (I'm so blessed to have families that like to hang out together), nap time, a stroll with the kids around the block, a stir fry dinner made by my hubby, posted some long overdue pics, and now I'm sitting on the couch relaxing. Sometimes I think to myself, "Self, remember how fun it was being single, doing whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted?!" and then I remind myself, "Self, that stage of life is gone, and being a mom is much more rewarding!!!" But I have to say this...every day is like Mother's Day for me, thanks to my wonderful husband. Yes, he treated me like a princess today....but he treats me like that everyday! I am so incredibly blessed to have Michael Bishop as my husband. I love you, baby!


So, today was special for another reason. We were able to dedicate Parker to the Lord. For those of you who don't understand what I mean.....dedicating a baby to the Lord doesn't "save" them....it's just a commitment to "Train up a child in the way he should go, so when he gets old he will not depart from it." It meant so much to have our entire family (except Matthew and Kristen) there to celebrate this dedication. Abby and Parker are so blessed to have grandparents, aunts, and uncles that care about them so much!!


Ok, let's talk about my little man turning 8 months old!!! I can hardly believe that we'll be celebrating his FIRST birthday in 4 months! Yes, I have already started planning his birthday party! The them will be "TRAIN up a child in the way they should go..." So, trains will be the theme. But anyway, here's what the past month has consisted of:
-Parker is eating like crazy!!!
-He's weening himself off one of his bottles
-He's "army crawling" everywhere!
-He fell off our bed for the first time. He was fine...it just scared him....and me!
-He growls at you when he gets mad at you. (ex: if you take a toy away from him, or tell him no)
-His last day at "school" will be Tuesday.
-He's starting to go to bed earlier. Around 8, instead of 9. Abby, however, is still our night owl.
-When someone says hey to him, he sticks his hand in the air and waves.
-He loves playing with his sissie. They will sit in her room and play by themselves. It is so nice, because I'm able to get things done.
-His next checkup will be in June, so stay tuned.

Here are some other pics from today:



a super happy mommy,
Tonya


No comments:

Post a Comment