Friday, May 14, 2010

~Friday's Friend~

Hellooooo.....almost forgot about this today! Usually I'm counting down the days til Friday's Friend, but this week has been ca-freakin-razy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michael's been outta town (BOO!), my birth control has made me a maniac (super BOO!), I started an antibiotic that makes me drowsy all day (super duper BOO!), and my kiddos started a new routine!! But....enough about me....let's get to today's friend:





Sandy Cunningham

So, me and Sandy have been besties for a little over a year now. However, I've known her for almost 2 years. The first thing I really remember about Sandy is meeting her in Sunday School. Michael and I had just joined Easthaven Baptist Church, and we started going to the young married adult class. Sandy was pregnant at the time. I remember that, because one of our first Sundays in the class, they were having a baby shower for her. I didn't bring a gift. I'm sorry, Sandy...and Carson! Geez, I started off as a terrible friend, didn't I!?! Anyway, she had Carson in November. That's when I started to hear the name "Sandy Cunningham" ALOT more!!!

She had a veryyyyyyyyyyyy rough delivery with Carson. I won't go into details, but she was in and out of the hospital for about 2 months. She finally had to have surgery, and the doctors told her there was a 50/50 chance that she'd make it through. I still did not know Sandy very well at this point, but everytime we'd get an update at church-I would pray for her! I just couldn't imagine just having a baby and then not getting to be with it for almost 2 months!!!!!! But she got through it.

So....I guess it was a couple months later that The Cunningham's invited us over for dinner. That was the first night that we really got to know them more. You know, sometimes it's a little nerve-racking when you go to someone's house that you really don't know. You ask yourself, "Do they eat the same things we do?", "Will we have things to talk about?", "Will our kids play good together?", "Will our personalities clash?", "Are they weird???" hahaha!!! Well, to answer all those questions....The Cunninghams and The Bishops are pretty much the same people! We have the same interests, we eat the same type of food, we enjoy the same hobbies, we watch the same shows, and our kids love eachother! It was just a match made in heaven!!! :)

Over the past year, Sandy and I have gone on trips together, laughed together, cried together, shared secrets, started a Bunko group, hosted lots of dinner dates, and just do things that best friends do. I treasure everything about my friendship with Sandy. I know without a doubt that if I need her, any time of the day, she will be there. And I hope she knows the same about me! But I do have to tell you one thing that Sandy and I are not allowed to talk about....our worries. Sandy and I are both worry warts, and we have learned that if we call eachother to talk about these worries...it only makes us worry more!! Example: Tonya-OMG, Sandy! I've been having real bad pain and I'm afraid it might be cancer. Sandy-OH GOSH TONYA! I'm so sorry to hear that! You should go to the doctor right away and start chemo! hahahaha! That's not an actual conversation, but it defly could be! I love you, Sandy. :)

I have been so incredibly blessed, since we've lived in Brookhaven, to have the best friends EVER! The Cunninghams have been such good friends to our family. Once again, God has blessed us beyond our wildest dreams with friends that care about me, my husband, and my kids as much as we do!

Thank you, Sandy, for being my best friend. I love you with all my heart!!! And today I dedicate this post to you....and to many more years of watching our friendship grow, watching our children grow up together, and watching our husbands get old! haha!!

TGIF,

Tonya


1 comment: