Friday, May 21, 2010

~Friday's Friend~

~Brandi Barrett~


(2009 Beth Moore Conference)

Once again, this is the ONLY picture I could find of us!!!!!!!!!!! What is the deal??!?!? Have we seriously only taken ONE picture together since we've been besties?! Well, it's a good thing we're having a cookout tomorrow night. We're all having a photo shoot....all 16 of us--and all 12 kids!!!!

Anyway.....I met Brandi Barrett at a Christmas party in 2008. It was a progressive supper, so we were able to hang out and get to know eachother throughout the night. However, we REALLY became good friends because of our "Bachelor" girls group. We met every Monday night to follow Jason through his journey. And then we all ended up hating him....rightfully so!!!!!!!!!!!! So, once we started hanging out more, we realized that not only did we get along so well, but so did our kiddos and hubbys!!! We started getting the families together for cookouts, after church lunches, and play dates. I. Love. The. Barrett. Family.

Brandi and I are so alike in lots of ways. We're both have very outgoing personalities, and we both pour ourselves 100% into our friendships. I learned early on that Brandi would be a keeper! haha!! We started going to eachother for prayer, to vent, to laugh, and just to talk. It's the type of friendship that when you go one day without talking to eachother, you're like...."something's wrong!" Over the past year and a half of our friendship we have: had sleepovers, gone to the beach together, been through pregnancies together, attended church together, and hung out on a daily basis......until......

The Barrett's moved! :( It was a sadddddddddd day when Brandi told me they were going to move to Monticello, but we all knew that God was calling them to move. It's been so neat to see God work in Brandi's family over the past 9 months. Not only has God blessed them with a new home and a new job...He has also blessed them with their second child--John Henry. I just wish God would call them back to Brookhaven now :) Brandi and I don't see eachother much anymore, and we don't talk every day like we used to....but when we do talk, we just pick up where we left off.

Brandi, you are such a precious friend to me. God not only blessed me with a friend, but he blessed my whole family with friends. I hope that once our lives get back to normal, we'll be able to make more trips to see eachother. We will NOT let 20 minutes drive us apart!!! Thank you for always being there for me. I love you so much!!!!

your friend,

Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment