Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break was a TRIP!!!! was TWO trips! Two totally different kinds of trips. One family trip. One girls trip. And a whole lot of fun in between! Let me explain...

Friday, March 12~
I'm walking on the track during my lunch break when all of the suddden, a co-worker starts screaming my name from the bleachers!! She said the daycare called and said Parker was throwing up! OH FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I hurry over there to get him and then head home. "I guess we'll have to cancel our trip," I thought....Well, GUESS AGAIN!!!!!!! I watched him for the rest of the afternoon, and he seemed fine. Soooo...we packed the car and headed to the beach! What was once a 4 hour drive defly turned into a 7 hour drive! On our way to Florida, we made a stop at the Essers to meet baby Caleb, ate at Firehouse and told Abby the story of our first date there, swung through Seattle Drip so they could warm Parker's bottle for us (lol), switched Abby to my parent's car, potty break in Mobile, fell asleep at the Florida state line, and woke up at my aunt & uncle's house. We visited with them a little and then hit the sack! *Funny story: the bed that me, Michael, and Parker slept in was a double bed (but seemed like a glorified twin). We propped Parker in his boppy pillow to sleep. For those of you who don't know what a boppy is, let me just put it this took up half the bed! So, Michael and I are sleeping on our sides with our butts hanging off the bed. Around 2 am, I woke up with a serious crick in my neck and then realized that my body was on the bed but my head was on the NIGHTSTAND!!!!!! bahhahahahHAHAbBABAhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guys went to play golf and the girls went shopping. Well, my mom and aunt got to shop. I got to babysit!! Shopping with 2 younguns is a no-go! So needless to say, I got frustrated, loaded the kids up, and headed back to my aunt's. Oh least I "saved some money!" The rest of the afternoon we just hung out at the house, because it was too windy and chilly to be on the beach. However, I did throw on a tank and walked around the neighborhood so I could get a little sun.

We hit up some souvenir shops, met my sissie for lunch (she was there babysitting for a family), hung out at the house, napped, and ate dinner. Oh, and this was the day that Abby started complaining about her tummy hurting. I just thought it was all the junk food she had eaten.

Abby is still complaining about her tummy, but being the great mom that I am, I got her dressed and we headed to the beach for pics!! Here are some of my favorites:

So, then we went to Lillian's Pizza for lunch. After that we told Abby we'd take her to a playground down the road from my aunt's. She played there for about an hour and then we headed back to my aunt's. When we got in the car, Abby tried to tell us that her tummy was still hurting, but before she could finish her sentence------she threw up everywhere!!! How I didn't throw up, I do not know?!!? "So, maybe she was serious about her tummy hurting," I thought to myself?! We get home, I put her on the couch to rest and watch a movie. After a 2 hour nap, she seemed back to normal. YAY!! So, my parents offered to watch the kiddos that night while me and Michael went out. We met Sammie Sones and his fiance Brittany at LuLu's. Our 2 hour wait turned into a 5 minute wait when our buzzer started vibrating only to find out they thought we were "Smith party of 4." So, we smiled and agreed....and sat down. Sorry Smith Family! We had a fabulous dinner...I LOVEEEE the Sones couple! :)

I wake up to my step dad telling my uncle that Abby had thrown up 3 times in the middle of the night. WhAT?!?!?!?! So, we let Abby sleep in and when she woke up, she seemed fine! We hit the road back to Mississippi, and thank God Abby made it all the way home with no more vomit episodes! We got home around 5:00 Tuesday night, and I went directly to the tanning bed. I was determined to get some "sun" since I didn't get any at the beach!

I got a little cleaning done, played with my babies, and then went to get my hair done. (See previous post)

I got a little more hardcore about my cleaning, ran some errands, and got packed and ready for my girl's trip. I seriously couldn't sleep Thursday night. It felt like Christmas Eve. I kept waking up wondering, IS IT TIME TO WAKE UP YET?!?!

Woke up. Got the kids bathed and ready for their weekend with daddy. The sitter arrived. The girls arrived. And off we went. We got to the coast around 3:00 and shopped at the outlet mall til 5:00. We went to check in at The Beau, got showers and dressed, and headed to Emeril's for our 7:30 reservation!! The best part about Emeril's, besides for the fabulous company, was being able to eat in peace! So, we left Emeril's, went back to the room, freshened up, and headed down to the casino. None of us are big gamblers, so we decided to put a $20 in the penny slots and about 5 minutes later---it was gone. Depressing. How do people gamble? YUCK! So, then we went to the jazz bar and listened to a live band. Then, we headed to the nightclub. Just give me a dance floor and a DJ, and I am good! Whitney, Cheli, and Mandy sat at the table and watched (and laughed) as Sandy and I danced the night away!!!!! And when I say "danced the night away," I mean til about 1am. Which is super late for a bunch of mommys! HAHA!

We all woke up around 7:30 (so much for sleeping in!) and got ready for our spa appointments. We went by the coffee shop for a quick breakfast, and got to the spa around 10:00. Tonya: facial, Whit: prenatal massage, Sandy, Mandy, and Cheli: pedicures. It was FAB-U-LOUS!!!! Afterwards, we drove "the strip" for about 30 minutes looking for an Olive Garden and then ended up back at the Beau and had lunch there. Funny story: it takes 5 girls and a GPS to not know where we're going! After lunch, we went to see Hairspray! Through our exhaustion and doze offs, we really enjoyed the show. By this time, we are all super tired and ready to get home to our babies and hubbies. But you know we made time for a Chick Fil A dinner on the way home. YUMMY!

It was a perfect trip. I LOVE my friends. There are so many funny stories and inside jokes I could share, but I'll spare yall! One thing I do know is---we will be doing girl's trips ALOT more often! Here are a couple pics:

We went to church, and then had lunch with my parents and sissie. Today has been a lot of R & R, and a little cleaning.

So, now I sit here in my bed....listening to my little man and my wild woman talk to eachother. They melt my heart. And let's not leave out Michael. Even with his abnoxious obsession with the TV show, Cops....he melts my heart. And even though I had a grrrrrrrrr8 time on my trip with the girls....nothing is better than coming home to my precious family! And I'm even looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. A week without my co-workers is long enough for me!

I hope everyone had a great week. I know I did. :)

girls just wanna have fun,

1 comment:

  1. Tonya, looks like you had fun! You look GREAT. Can't even tell you had a baby 6 months impressed! (Of course, from the words of my best friend after she had her baby, I know it probably doesn't feel like you look great but you DO, I promise!)