Monday, March 1, 2010

My Weekend...in pictures!!

*Food & Friends Friday*
So...I went to Crystal Springs Friday night around 6:00 and got ready to go out with my sister. First of all, being in Crystal Springs with just my sister, my mom, and my step dad was so neat, because we never get to spend time together-just us! And secondly, it was sooooooo fun "getting ready to go out" with my sister. No kids. No husband. No worries. Just getting ready for a night on the town with my sissie Lu.

This is a picture of us after we ate at Margaritas...heading now to a "going away party." This is a terrible picture because I defly look like Casper the friendly ghost!!!!! But...oh well! Such is life :) So...after we ate at Margaritas, we went to a friend's house. A friend that I haven't seen in years...Jerry B!!!


While everyone was partying it up...I went and visited with another friend...one of my very best friends back in the day...Victoria!!!

Victoria and I spent the next 3 hours talking and catching up! Then I looked at the clock around 11:30 and thought to myself..."this is wayyyyy past my bedtime"...and I still had an hour drive back home! So, Lauren brought me back to my car and I headed home. It was a fabulous night!! Didn't do much. But just getting to hang out with Lauren and long-lost friends was perfect :)

*Saturday Surprises*
We woke up Saturday to SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!! Immediately I knew that we had to take advantage of this beautiful day. No cleaning. No laying around. No. NO. NO!!! Well, I take that back...I did clean a little, but then got in the shower and talked to Michael about what we should do the rest of the day. We decided to load everyone up and head to Jackson. We told Abby that we had lots of "surprises" in store for her! She was SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!! So, mommy went to tan and get her eyebrows waxed (necessities, of course!) and then we hit the road. First stop-CHICK FIL A...Duh!!!!!!! We told Abby that was her first surprise...but it was actually mine :) After we ate and played at CFA, we headed to our next stop. One of my best friends since childhood, Ashli Harper Moore, was in town! So, we stopped by her parents house, let the kiddos play, and we got to catch up for a couple hours. Between the 2 of us, we have SIX kids!! Here they are....

3 of them...Jayden (4), Abby (3), Sam (2)

Selah (1)

Parker (6 months)

Hatti Grace (7 weeks)

...After we played with the Moore's, we headed to GATTI TOWN!! This was going to be Abby's "big surprise" of the day. However, it turned into a big surprise for me and Michael. O-M-G...there are 750 million people there...no exaggeration...ok, maybe a little! Anyways, it was on the verge of a nightmare. We had some friends from Brookhaven meet us there, and we just tried to make the best of it. But after being there for 2 hours, I decided enough was enough. We ate pizza, we played games, took pictures, but when I saw the line to turn in your tickets for a stupid toy...I said NO NO!! We gave our tickets away, and I told Abby I'd take her to Target to pick out a prize. My patience couldn't take one more line...especially not for a rinky dink toy! Needless to say, a perfect day turned sour! I didn't talk the entire hour home. Michael kept trying to talk to me and I finally said..."I'm in a bad mood. If you keep talking to me, I'll probably blow up." He immediately shut up. Here are some pictures from our wonderful Gatti Town night!



sweet Carson

*Sunny Sunday*
Ahhhh....another day of sunshine!!!!!! Well, I woke up in a somewhat better mood but I was convinced that church would not be in my agenda today! Good try, Satan!!! Michael had to go because he plays in the praise band, but I told Abby that we were just going to play at home. SHE THREW A FIT!!!!! "Noooooooo....I wanna go to church!!!" Ok, Ok, OK! So, I jumped in the shower real quick, got ready, got both kids ready, and off we go. And praise the Lord for my child that talked me into going. The Sunday School lesson and sermon were just for me! I needed to be refreshed, and that's just what God did for me! So...after church, we went to eat as a family and then headed home for a stroll through the neighborhood. There's nothing better than killing 2 birds with one stone...family time and exercise! :)After our stroll, mommy and Parker took a nap while daddy and Abby went to play golf.




After nap time/golf time, we loaded up and went to Crystal Springs for dinner. Nothing ends a perfect weekend like a meal with your family. Here's a couple pictures of us playing at MiMi and Papaw's!



gross pic...but Michael and I never get pics together, so I gotta take what I can get :)

Someone told me last week that I had it made. Great husband, great kids, great house, and a great support system. And they were SO right. Sometimes I forget just how blessed I am. My prayer this week is that Satan will not tempt me with things of this world and that I'll take the time to sit in My Father's lap.


just happy,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment