Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday's Thoughts & Challenge~

Ok, so today has been a super busy day, and I have to leave my office in 15 minutes to go recruit at Magee. Yes, I have to recruit at 5:00 PM on a Friday. No comment.

*Do-Overs
We've been hosting "Preview Day" at Co-Lin the past 2 days, and Brother Bruce Brady did our devotional both days. He talked about "do-overs." He told the story of when he was younger, him and some friends would play baseball in the backyard. And sometimes as they were running bases, the family dog would get in their way and cause them to get distracted. So in that case, they would yell "DO-OVER" and they'd get to try again. Well, isn't it awesome that God allows us do-overs? He doesn't give us one chance, and then when we fail, throw us out of the game. He allows us to go back to home plate and try again. This little devotional couldn't have come at a better time, because I'm in desperate need of a do-over.

*Easter
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Am I the only mother of the year that has not even started getting stuff for my kid's Easter baskets?!?! Gosh, I feel like I will never get caught up on my life. Just when I feel like I have a break, something unexpected like EASTER pops up!!! hahahaha!! Well, I did buy Abby some plastic eggs yesterday, because she's been dying to practice her egg hunting skills. And I guess I'll get out this weekend and start shopping for basket goodies.

*Ballyhoo
One reason I'm looking forward to going to Magee. This store is located on Hwy 49, in between Mendenhall and Magee. It's fabulous. They have a little bit of everything: Vera Bradley, Peter's Pottery, candles, yard decor, clothes, kids clothing, purses, wallets, etc etc. I love this store.

*My hair
I'm not loving it as much as I was last week. I have to spray it about every 30 minutes to keep body in it, so then by the time I get home everyday it's like a hot oily mess! YUCK!

*Austria update
I am getting really excited about Austria. I cannot wait to have 8 days alone with my husband.

*Disciple Now
Sooooooo.......guess who volunteered their house for Disciple Now weekend?! The Bishops!!!!!!! God has really laid it on my heart to be more involved with our youth, so when our youth pastor asked Michael about being a host home--I SAID YES!!!!! Then he tells us we have 7th grade boys! hehe!! Once again, gotta love God's sense of humor! We're having our first meeting this Sunday, so I'm really anxious to see exactly what I've signed up for. I'm thinking Michael and I will have some type of leadership position. I'll keep yall posted.

*My job
I haven't talked much about my job lately. There is not a day that goes by that I do not thank God for this job. I LOVE what I do!!!! I seriously look forward to going to work every single day. I love interacting with students every day, I love getting to know all the high school seniors in my area, I love hosting events on campus, I love the ladies in my office, I love the president of our college, I just love my job.

*Working out update
I worked out one day this week. I'm ashamed. I've just been SO busy!! However, I do plan on getting outside alot next week and enjoying this beautiful spring weather.


Ok....I have 1 minute until I have to go, which means there is no time for fun pictures! :( But, I do still need to challenge yall. Hmmmmmm.....

Think of an area in your life where you need a do-over. Make the decision to repent and redo, commit it to God, and then praise God for his mercy in your life.


thankful for God's mercy,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment