Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Others Who Broke My Heart, They Were Like Northern Stars..."


Okay, so we left off at our first unofficial date at Firehouse Subs (which is still one of our favorite places to eat!). So it was September 25, 2004 when we officially started dating. But let's rewind for a minute. Before we officially started dating, Michael swept me off my feet everyday! Here are some of those memories that stick out in my mind: One day Michael was driving through our apartment complex (because he lived there too, not because he was a stalker ha!) and he saw me and my 2 roomies (Crittle and Brittany B) dragging our bags of garbage to the dumpster. He stopped and threw all the bags into the back of his truck and took it to the dumpster for us. He was always sending me flowers with the sweetest little notes. He came over and watched a movie with me and Crit before we had to evacuate Hatti for one of the hurricanes, and then he talked to me on my phone the whole way to Jackson to keep me awake. And I could go on all day. So, like I said, we officially started dating on September 25, 2004, and this was our first date:

Michael came and picked me up one Sunday afternoon to go to church. (That already says a lot right there!). As we're driving to church, I was trying to be nice and pulled his visor down to get the sun out of his eyes. Well, little did I know that he stored his 980834243 cds under his visor, so when I pulled it down all those cds hit him in the face and dumped into his lap! HAHA! I was so embarassed, but now that is one of our fondest memories :) So, we went to church and then went to eat at Chili's. Which is where we found the chocolate molten cake. That cake has ended up being another one of our most fond memories. After Chili's, he took me to his apartment and we watched a movie and had our first kiss ;)

So, the other guys that had broke my heart served as Northern stars that directed me right to Michael. It's funny how things work out. When you're in the midst of heartache, you think your world is coming to an end. But it's really just God's way of taking you out of that relationship so that you can find your true love that awaits! I really don't regret any relationship I ever had, because each one of those relationships made me who I am today.

Our first date was the next chapter in my love story with Michael. I'll tell you more tomorrow...


no regrets,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment