Monday, February 8, 2010

"Every long lost dream led me to where you are..."


So, as we approach Valentine's Day, I decided to devote this entire week to my wonderful husband. It seems as though I've overlooked him throughout my blogging career. It wasn't intentional. But that's why I want to devote a whole week to letting yall know just how blessed I am to have this man as my husband.

"Every long lost dream led me to where you are..."
There were YEARS of long lost dreams in my life. In high school, I was a lovestruck teenager that thought my first "real" boyfriend was the love of my life. After 2 years, I realized that God was leading me somewhere else. During my college years at Holmes Community College, I went from one long lost dream to another. When I transferred to Southern Miss, I was dating a guy that I had known all along. I really felt like he was "the one" that God had for me. He went to State that semester and needless to say, the long distance relationship just wasn't working out for us. At that time, God brought Michael Bishop into my life. We met at a BSU fish fry and ended up working together at a fitness center in Hattiesburg. Ben and I broke up, and a few weeks later Michael asked me on a lunch date. He asked me while I was walking on the treadmill, so I was not as ~cute~ as I would've liked to have been. But I'll never forget our first unofficial date at Firehouse Subs.

So, that's how my long lost dreams led me to Michael.
Tomorrow you'll find out more of our love story.


so in love,
Tonya

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tonya,
    My name is Cecily and I work for Firehouse Subs. Google shared your blog with us, and I just wanted to say thank you for being our customer. What a beautiful family you have. We loved hearing that your first date was at Firehouse Subs. We have a lot of love stories that have come from our restaurants! :)

    Thanks again for your patronage.

    Cecily Sorensen
    Director of Corporate Communications
    cecily.sorensen@firehousesubs.com

    ReplyDelete