Friday, April 16, 2010

~Friday's Friend~

Today I will dedicate my post to my friends Jerry Blankenship and Victoria Vaughn.


Jerry
Jerry and I have been friends since 10th grade. He was one of my BEST friends throughout high school and college. Once I got married and moved to Brookhaven, we kinda lost contact. We still messaged and talked here and there, but our different paths weakened our friendship. Jerry was always a prankster and I love that about him! There was never a dull moment with him around. Our group of friends in high school never really struggled with drinking or doing drugs....we just liked to have fun!!! Stink bombs, dumping do-nuts in people's yards or on people's cars, potato guns, rolling houses, and riding four wheelers was what we liked to do. I look back on those times and smile :)



Victoria Vaughn
Victoria and I met at The Club on Lake Harbour. We both worked there. We worked the front desk together, the childcare, and lifeguarded together. And then we hung out AFTER work too. She was one of my best friends through those years!!! We would go out dancing, go to parties, go on trips, and eat at Cozumel about 5 nights a week!! We always had the BEST time together. Every memory I have with Victoria makes me smile :)


Jerry & Victoria

So...about a year ago I find out that Jerry and Victoria are dating. I just thought that was so neat that 2 people that grew up in different towns and went to different schools ended up together. We kept talking about having a double date but never did. Well, a couple months ago I went out with my sister and we ended up at Jerry's house. Victoria was there, so we were able to catch up for about 3 hours. It was fabulous! I realized just how much I missed my sweet friend! And then the very next weekend they came to Brookhaven for a cookout at our house. Just the 4 of us. It was so neat to have a high school friend, a college friend, my husband, and my 2 kids all under one roof. During this dinner, Jerry & Victoria revealed some very exciting news. They are expecting!! At that point, there were alot of different emotions attached to that news. They were scared, unsure, and excited. But since Michael and I had been in their shoes, we were able to encourage them and give them some advice. And then...a couple weeks later we find out they are engaged!!! YAY!!! :)

So, today I dedicate this post to them. To their marriage. To their baby. And to our friendship. Oh, and I must not forget....today is also Victoria's birthday. So, there are lots of reasons to celebrate them in this blog!

I love yall so much, and I am so excited about what God is doing! Yall both mean the world to me, and even though there are about 70 miles between us, I am here for yall--always!




so blessed to have fabulous friends,



Tonya






No comments:

Post a Comment