Friday, June 4, 2010

~Friday's Friend~


~Ashlea McGuire~

(May 2009~I was 6 months preggo)


So, today I want to dedicate this post to a friend that I don't get to see or talk to that much, but I do still consider her a good friend!!!!!!!!!
Ashlea and I kicked off our friendship in a pretty hilarious way!!!!!! We were sitting in a history class at Holmes and I really didn't know Ashlea all that well. I leaned over to her and said, "Hey, do you wanna be in the Holmes beauty pageant?" hahaha!!! I can't remember exactly how the rest of the convo went, but I know it took me a while to talk her into it. And I'm sooooooooo glad I did, because doing this pageant together is a memory I will NeVeR forget!!! First of all, neither one of us had ever done a pageant before. What in the world possessed us to do this??? I can't stop laughing as I type this, because I still don't understand why we did this? Anyway....the day of the pageant, we had to drive to the main campus of Holmes which was in Goodman. The whole way to Goodman we kept asking eachother, "WHAT ARE WE DOING?!?!?" Well, we get there, get our hair and make up done, and head for the stage. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I really can't stop laughing!!!! I seriously don't remember details about the pageant, and it's probably because I've blocked it from my memory!! All I remember is that neither of us got in the Top 20, so we decided to cut on out....even though we were supposed to wait til the end of the pageant because they wanted all the contestants to come back out on the stage. We opted not to do that. We were ready to get out of those stupid dresses and go get a freakin burger!! Our parents started looking for us when they noticed we didn't return to the stage. We met them at the cars and headed home. I can't remember the ride home at all, but I'm sure it consisted of 2 hours of nonstop laughter!
So....from then on, we developed one of the best friendships I have EVER had! We made SOoooooooooo many friends at Holmes and always had something to do. We'd go boating after school, go to parties on the weekends, road trips, we'd spend the night with eachother every single night of the week, and let's not forget college nights on Thursdays! We LIVED for Thursday nights. No, really....we did! I won't even go into details about those nights, but let's just say....I'm so glad we didn't end up dead or in jail! There was always some kind of drama going on around us, but Ashlea and I always managed to stick together through it all. Well, until something happend.....and I am racking my brain but cannot remember what it was....and it kinda took a toll on our friendship. We didn't talk for a really long time, and I was so sad because I knew that I had lost one of my best friends in the world.
Well, we both ended up at USM and we started patching up our friendship. Ashlea hated USM and I loved it! She ended up moving back home and I ended up dating a guy, getting pregnant, marrying him, and moving to his hometown!! Ashlea has also gotten married and is still living in Clinton. Even though we live an hour away from eachother, we still do a pretty good job of keeping in touch.
Ashlea, I wish we could hang out more because I think about you ALL the time and I really miss you!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and Dan, and even though I haven't been able to get to know him that well.....I can tell that he makes you SO happy!! I cherish all the memories that we have together, and even though we aren't able to make new memories very often....I will always cherish the ones that we are able to make! The song I chose to put with this blog is Daniel Beddingfield's "I gotta get thru this"....I don't know if you remember, but this is the song we listened to the whole way to the pageant that day. I hope you laugh as much as I did while I was typing this!!!!!!! I love you with all my heart!
NOT a pageant girl,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment