Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Love Dare~Day 9

I'm going to start today off with a prayer request!!! Abby has had the "crud" for the past couple of days. Runny nose, cough, scratchy throat. Normally I wouldn't think too much of it, but with all this talk about the swine flu, I'm finding myself worrying to death over it!!!! Just please pray for Abby today...that if there is anything harmful going on in her little body, that God will heal her. And also, pray for me....that I'll allow the Lord to calm my fears, and that I'll put my trust in Him. Ok, now let's see what dare Day 9 has in store.

"Love makes good impressions"

"Greet one another with a kiss of love." -1 Peter 5:14

A few notes from today's reading:

~Dealing with the way you greet your spouse each day may seem inconsequential, but this small issue carries surprising significance.
~Here's something you probably don't stop to consider-the difference it would make in your spouse's day if everything about you expressed the fact that you were really, really glad to see them.
~A good greeting sets the stage for positive and healthy interaction.
~A loving greeting can bless your spouse through what they see, hear, and feel.
~Think about your greeting. Do you use it well? Does your spouse feel valued and appreciated? Do they feel loved? Even when you're not getting along too well, you can lessen the tension and give them value by the way you greet them.

Today's Dare:

Think of a specific way you'd like to greet your spouse today. Do it with a smile and with enthusiasm. Then determine to change your greeting to reflect your love for them.

To Journal:

~When and where did you choose to do your special greeting?
~How will you change your greeting from this point on?
~Were you able to complete today's dare?

I hope everyone has a great day!!


longing to be moved,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment