Saturday, May 2, 2009

Love Dare~Day 6

Ok, so I'll start off by admitting that I have not fully completed Day 5!!! I did my part and asked Michael to tell me 3 things that cause him to be irritated with me, but he never gave me a straight answer. So, along with today's dare, I plan on getting an answer from Michael...because I KNOW I irritate him sometimes, and I want to work on that! :) So, let's get started on Day 6.

"Love is not irritable"

"He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city." -Proverbs 16:32

A few notes from today's reading:

~To be irritable means "to be near the point of a knife." Not far from being poked.
~People who are irritable are locked, loaded, and ready to overreact.
~A loving wife is not overly sensitive or cranky but exercises emotional self-control. She chooses to be a flower among the thorns and respond pleasantly during prickly situations.
~There are at least 2 key reasons that contribute to people becoming irritable:
1)Stress
2)Selfishness (have yall noticed that we seem to talk about selfishness every day?....must be a big problem!)
~Being easily angered is an indicator that a hidden area of selfishness or insecurity is present where love is supposed to rule.

Today's Dare:

Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.

To Journal:

~Where do you need to add margin to your life?
~When have you recently overreacted?
~What was your real motivation behind it?
~What decisions have you made today?
~Were you able to complete today's dare?

Honestly, I'm kinda confused about today's dare? I'm gonna have to dig a little deep today and figure out what it means by adding margin to my life? If anyone has any assistance they can offer, please do :) I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!!!!!!!!!

exercising emotional self-control,
Tonya

1 comment:

  1. I just forwarded you a devotional email about adding margin to your life. God must REALLY be trying to tell me something about margin. I recently got 2 devotional emails about having "margin" and then, your blog about the Love Dare focuses on "margin", too (which i am just now getting to read)! Lord, I hear ya - I agree - I DO NEED margin! I'm working on it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete