Thursday, May 7, 2009

Love Dare~Day 11

So, I can tell that the next couple of days are going to be hard for me since Michael is out of town. I'm having to be real creative with these dares, because there's just not much I can do FOR him while he's 4 hours away!! :( But I was able to complete yesterday's dare, and I choose not to share it...just in case he checks my blog while he's gone (or someone tells him:) So, here's Day 11:

"Love Cherishes"

"Husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies." -Eph 5:28

A few notes from today's reading:

~The verse above speaks to husbands, but notice how each member is viewed. They are both considered to be the same flesh. You must treat them with the same nurture and care that you treat yourself. When you show love to your spouse, you are showing love to yourself as well.
~When you attack your mate, it is like attacking your own body.
~It's time for you to realize that your spouse is as much a part of you as your hand, your eye, or your heart.
~When you look at your mate, you're looking at a part of YOU. So treat them well. Speak highly of them. Nourish and cherish the love of your life!!!

Today's Dare:

What need does your spouse have that you could meet today? Can you run an errand? Give a back rub or foot massage? Is there housework you could help with? Choose a gesture that says, "I cherish you" and do it with a smile :)

To Journal:

~What did you choose to show that you cherish your mate?
~What did you learn from this experience?
~Were you able to complete today's dare?


So, here's another difficult one for me. I'll just have to find a need that I can meet being 4 hours away from him!? I'm sure it can be done :) I hope everyone is having a great week....only one more day til the weekend!! wooohoooo!!!!


choosing to cherish,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment