Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Love Dare~Day 3

So, is satan attacking yall the way he is me?!? Geeeeez!!! I was really struggling last night with a good attitude! I guess I'm still expecting some kind of reward or praise from Michael, and when I don't get it, it makes me mad! So, last night I spent alot of time in prayer, trying to fight off satan and his deceptive lies!!! Please know that I'm praying for each of you, and we're in this together! Please feel free to share any prayer requests yall might have at this point. So anyways, I ended up sucking up the bad attitude and was able to complete the dare last night! YAYYY!! :) Let's get started on Day 3.

"Love is NOT selfish!"

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor." -Romans 12:10

A few notes from today's reading:

~If there were ever a word that basically means the opposite of love, it is selfishness.
~You cannot point out the many ways your spouse is selfish without admitting that you can be selfish too. That would be hypocritical.
~When a wife constantly complains about the time and energy she spends meeting the needs of her husband, that's a sign of selfishness.
~When you relinquish your rights for the sake of your mate, you get a chance to lose yourself to the greater purpose of marriage.
~Ask yourself these questions:
-Do I truly want what's best for my husband or wife?
-Do I want them to feel loved by me?
-Do they believe I have their best interests in mind?
-Do they see me as looking out for myself first?

Today's Dare:

Whatever your put your time, energy, and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, "I was thinking of you today."

To Journal:

~What did you choose to give your spouse?
~What happened when you gave it?
~Were you able to complete today's dare?

Let me just remind everyone that doing this book does NOT mean that you have problems in your marriage!! As quoted on the back of the book: "Whether your marriage is hanging by a thread or healthy and strong, The Love Dare is a journey you NEED to take! It's time to learn the keys to finding true intimacy and developing a dynamic marriage. Take the dare!" .....I just wanted to remind everyone of that, because so many people think that if you're doing this "dare" then your marriage must be in trouble! Well, that's not true. For example, Michael and I have a very strong marriage...but it's not perfect by any means! I'm always looking for ways to love my husband more, and what better way than to take this challenge?! So, GO BLESS YOUR SPOUSE!! :)

wanting to be more selfless,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment