Thursday, December 17, 2009

The countdown to Christmas...

So, on my way to work this morning I was really struck by something. I have very random things that go on in this blonde head of mine, but sometimes the Lord uses those random thoughts and turns them into an idea!!!! So, as I was heading to work, I was just thinking to myself..."Gosh, I'm so warm with my heated seats and the heat blowing on my face"....and then my thoughts were turned to those less fortunate. I was thinking about the homeless people that are sitting under bridges in this 30 degree weather with no heat or blankets, or the people that have no cars and walk or ride their bike to work, or perhaps the kids that have no warm clothes....it really made me sad. I take SOOOOOO much for granted, and I don't even realize it! That's when I started thinking, "WHAT CAN I DO?" I know I can't help the world, but if I can help just ONE person a day, then I can make a difference in that person's life. So, I'm going to countdown to Christmas in a whole new way this year, and I want YOU to join me!!! We have 7 days left until Christmas, so that's 7 lives that we can help! If we commit to help at least 1 person a day from now until Christmas, then that's 7 lives that we can impact!! Maybe you could bake your elderly neighbors some cookies, or offer to wrap a pregnant friend's Christmas presents, or maybe you see a stranger at Wal-Mart that needs help loading their groceries into the car, or you see a hitchhiker on the side of the road and you offer them a jacket that you have in your trunk. Whatever it might be, let's try to help those in need this holiday season! I'm going to include Abby in on this too, because I want her to learn at an early age what Christmas is all about. So, I'll try to update my blog every day over the next 7 days and tell yall about what opportunities the Lord has brought to my plate that day. And pleaseeeeeeeeeee share with me too!!!!! I hope to hear from some of yall over the next 7 days.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
Tonya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment